Secretless on VM

Hi there,

As Secretless is written in Go and as there are some packages listed under assets from the releases, I am wondering if it is supported to run Secretless as a service (directly on a VM) and not in a container?

Many thanks!

JFC

I am wondering if it is supported to run Secretless as a service (directly on a VM) and not in a container?

Hey @JfcAtCyberArk,
While our primary deployment target is Kubernetes-based infrastructure and we do not directly support running Secretless Broker as aservice at this time (Apr 2020), there should be nothing preventing you from running this code on a VM however security for VM-based broker is much harder to lock down. If I had to take a guess at the extra requirements it would be these but they probably need additional guidances that I may be missing:

• You should only use Unix socket files (you must not use TCP ports).
  • You must lock down the service/files/sockets with appropriate Linux permissions to prevent unauthorized use of the authenticated tunnel.

If it’s really wanted as a fully-supported target with exact guidances, feel free to post this as a deployment target that you would like to see in our GitHub repo.

Srdjan

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @sgnn7!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.