Sharing Existing Public Repositories
If there are projects in public GitHub repos that people could benefit from, the maintainers should absolutely share links in this forum! Links can be posted to Conjur, Secretless Broker, or CyberArk Labs if the code is related to one of these tools. Otherwise, posting to General is perfectly okay, and the admins can help to categorize / label it properly from there.
Making Internal CyberArk Repositories Public
If CyberArk employees have their own private repos that they want to include in our public cyberark GitHub organization, we have a defined process that we follow. I’ll be sharing more information about that process in the next couple of months, but for now the best way to get started is by contacting me directly. I’m happy to help people get this going - but it’s also good as you’re considering making a repository public to reflect on:
- Does this code belong in a standalone repository?
- Does the code have an appropriate license?
- Is there a helpful README and project description, including information on the project quality and intended use cases?
- Are you going to accept contributions? What process should contributors follow?
- Who will maintain the project?
- Is the code secure? Have you reviewed it to ensure it does not include any secrets or keys in its history?
- Has the code been reviewed, and does it work?
- Will the repository be needed forever?
Either way, please get in touch if you have questions! This is a topic I love to talk about, and I’m excited to be sharing more details as time goes on.