Summon/ Summon-conjur for SOLARIS

We have some systems running on SUNOS (oracle solaris), do we have binaries of summon and summon-conjur for this platform available.

Currently we are facing issues in using them on the platform to validate the implementation.

Edit: The following post is outdated as we’ve released preliminary Solaris binaries of these two projects - see comment below this one for more info!

Hey @gautamkanithi,
Thank you for providing this feedback! As of now, we have not had any requests for Solaris platform as a target so we have not included it in the releases but it may not be overly difficult to do so so I opened an issue for it on GitHub. Given that summon and summon-conjur development cycles are pretty lengthy, I would suggest that you do not wait for the next release but build the artifacts yourself for the time being which should be relatively straightforward (though I do not have a Solaris system to verify these steps currently):

• Install Golang v1.13 or higher on the system from here.
  • Clone the project repository from GitHub here and here on the target system
  • Build Summon:
    • Go into the cloned summon repository
    • Run go build -o summon -tags netgo -ldflags="-s -w -extldflags=-static" cmd/main.go
    • Binary will be the file named summon
  • Build Summon-conjur:
    • Go into the cloned summon-conjur repository
    • Summon-conjur: go build -o summon-conjur -tags netgo -ldflags="-s -w -extldflags=-static" cmd/main.go
    • Binary will be the file named summon-conjur

PS: You may need to install packages needed for compilation for the builds steps to work.

Let us know if this answers your question for now.

Thanks,
Srdjan

Hey @gautamkanithi,
I have good news here! I was able to build preliminary binaries of both summon and summon-conjur for you:

Try them out and let us know if they work for you.

Thanks,
Srdjan

Hi @sgnn7

Thank you for your prompt response, however there is an issue, the operating systems are different for us

Operating system: Solaris

Kernel: Sun OS 11.3 (Release 5.11)

Hardware platform: sun4v

Processor: Sparc

The current binaries are not working for us.

@gautamkanithi Ah, this is likely due to processor used - the built binaries are for amd64 CPU architectures and not sparc. I think in your case then it may be best to manually build those binaries but maybe we can try to see if we can do it natively as time permits.

Srdjan